Spring Break travel – how to prepare your pets
Like most Pet Parents, as you begin to plan your Spring Break travel you wonder how to prepare your pets. 4-Legged Kids offers two great options to help you. Your dog can stay in one of our Caregiver’s homes or one of our Team can come to your home to care for your pets (pretty much any species!).
Learn more about our options when you travel READ MORE.
If you wish to keep your 4-Legged Kid in your home while you travel we can help you make it a successful experience. Having a Caregiver come to your home can be an ideal situation for households with multiple pets, elderly pets, or pets who become stressed when placed in a new situations. Our Caregivers will work with you to find the ideal situation for your 4-Legged Kid.
Services Our Team Can Provide
- Any medical care necessary
- Cleaning litter boxes
- Collecting mail and papers
- Watering plants
- A security check around your home
You can have a Caregiver come multiple times throughout the day, or even stay at your home overnight.
Things to Do Before You Travel
- Provide our Team with a telephone number where you can be reached.
- Update your Customer Portal with all feeding and medication schedules.
- Ensure 4-Legged Kids has the most up-to-date information for access (did you change keys? door codes? garage codes?
- Gather everything for your Caregiver (including extra food, treats, cleaning supplies, medications, leash, litter scoop, trash bags, and towels (for rainy day walks).
- Set your thermostat for a comfortable temperature for your pets.
- Send a message through your Customer Portal with any last-minute changes to your pets care. Your entire team will receive it.
- Update your veterinarian in your profile and notify them that 4-Legged Kids will be caring for your pets in case of emergency.
A few more tips
- Ensure your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations, flea and tick treatment, and heartworm treatment.
- Notify us of anything you might have forgotten to mention through your Customer Portal, which will be delivered instantly to your care team.
Finally, your Team does this because they love pets! As a personal service industry, your Caregivers always appreciate tips, but they are not required.
We don’t just take care of Spring Break travel! For more information or to book a vacation, please call the office at (636) 405-0400 or BOOK HERE.
If you are already established with 4-Legged Kids you can ACCESS YOUR PORTAL to make your reservation.